The unit begins with preparing for e-learning, which entails a thorough understanding of organisational procedures related to e-learning in one’s job role. This includes accessing and analysing training strategies, identifying the target group and learning requirements, and understanding the standards required in workplace competencies. Developing effective e-learning training strategies is crucial to manage and sequence learning activities, ensuring logical progression and continuity. Additionally, identifying constraints, risks, and support needs for learners, including foundation skills and specialist support, is essential.
The next phase focuses on preparing the e-learning environment. It involves confirming technical requirements, trialling resources to identify technical issues, and developing protocols to meet legislative and regulatory needs. The design and development of learning objects for e-learning facilitation are critical, as is identifying technical support needs for e-learners. The introduction of e-learning is then executed, including providing an overview of the e-learning environment, establishing a relationship with e-learners, and fostering positive interactions among them that respect inclusivity and diversity.
The final stages cover delivering and monitoring e-learning. Delivery includes using electronic tools and facilitation techniques to ensure productive e-learning experiences, addressing technical issues, and incorporating authentic learning and assessment opportunities. Monitoring involves tracking e-learner support and progress, offering learner support inside and outside the e-learning environment, and ensuring active participation. The unit concludes with a review of the e-learning process, seeking learner feedback, and analyzing one’s own e-learning facilitation practice to identify areas for improvement. This reflective process is key to enhancing the effectiveness of e-learning delivery.
What Will You Learn?
- 📋 Confirm e-learning procedures align with organisational roles and strategies.
- 🎯 Identify target groups and learning requirements for e-learning.
- 🔍 Analyse performance standards in nationally recognised competency units.
- 📈 Develop strategies to manage e-learning activities for effective learning progression.
- ⚠️ Identify and assess risks and constraints in e-learning.
- 🤝 Organise support for learners' foundational skills and learning needs.
- 💻 Ensure technical requirements for e-learning environments are met.
- 🛠️ Trial e-learning materials for technical reliability.
- 📚 Develop e-learning protocols in compliance with legislative requirements.
- 🌐 Facilitate inclusive and positive e-learning environments for diverse learners.
Prepare for e-learning