Diplomas of Vocational Education and Training & Training Design and Development
TAE50116 Diploma of Vocational Education and Training
TAE50216 Diploma of Training Design and Development
Professionals in the vocational education sector deserve recognition that truly reflects their hard work and commitment to students and professional development. The dual diploma program developed at SpecTraining is the perfect course to deliver on this need. It’s work-based, so keeps pace with your existing commitments in order to gather the evidence while you work.
SpecTraining has created a unique mentor program that is individually tailored and implemented. This means you are never ignored or lost in the system. Our mentors are there for you until you finish and graduate with not one, but two industry-leading qualifications.
Total number of units = 12
6 core units plus
6 elective units
The course learning takes place through a combination of facilitator contact, readings, online videos, research, Zoom sessions, telephone/email contact, workplace tasks, and formative and summative assessment.
Blended Delivery options
Each unit of competency is $400. Ask about RPL and credit transfer to reduce the overall cost of your program.
Option 1 – Distance Learning Online (self-paced – Mentored by a qualified coach)
Option 2 – Onsite training (by appointment)
Course Assessment Support
- Regular Facilitated Zoom Assessment support workshops
- Post-workshop facilitator direction, coaching/mentoring, and assessment (see below)
- One-on-one support via phone/email/Zoom and scheduled workplace visits if required.
- Online study and assessment assistance
- Fully narrated PowerPoint videos
- Downloadable slide-decks
- Hard copy textbook
- Plenty of additional video content!(constantly being updated)
- Hill, D, Hill, T & Perlitz, L (2013): Professional Training and Assessment, McGraw-Hill Education, Frenchs Forest, NSW
Written assessment, Portfolio of evidence
This qualification reflects the roles of training developers and instructional designers who are responsible for analysing training needs and designing training solutions and products to meet workplace capability requirements, and evaluating the effectiveness of training programs. They may have a role in providing guidance and advice to trainers and assessors, promoting innovative practices, e.g. e-learning, and in researching and incorporating best practice in training and assessment into training programs and products.
$400 per Unit of Competency and Ask about RPL and Credit transfer
- Duration: 3-24 Months Depending on existing experience.