Learn about the components of a TAS
What needs to be in a TAS?
A Training and Assessment Strategy is a quasi-legal document created for an RTO to encompas your learning program. The TAS should cover the following areas:
- Name of the organisation and it’s stakeholders (including industry if applicable)
- Timeframe of the training
- Qualification code and name (if applicable)
- Units of competency or standards to be trained
- Target audience characteristics – including LLN needs
- Training and Assessment arrangements – methods and modes
- Staff involved in delivery and assessment
- Validation process for the program
- Further steps for the learner beyond the completion of the program.